Monday, November 16, 2015

Finger Sucker

Elson has ALWAYS been a finger sucker.  For the last year, we have been trying to encourage him not to suck his finger.  Not only were teeth starting to stick out, but he had developed these gross calluses around his finger.  We did the nasty tasting paint-on substance and it did help, but I think what really helped was getting rid of his lovie.  He told me he had a hard time not sucking his finger because his lovie's ears were so soft that he wanted to hold them close to his face and suck his finger.  I took him to the store and let him pick out a new lovie.  He insisted on a crocodile stuffed animal.  This actually happened months ago, but I have been hesitant to write about it out of fear he would revert back to finger sucking.  Now that some time has passed, I think we are in the clear.  I'm happy to report that he is no longer a finger sucker.






Meet "Croci"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.