Thursday, December 13, 2012

Two Years Ago Today

On this morning, two years ago, we headed to the doctor's office to have my blood drawn for a pregnancy test.  I was scared to death that it would come back negative, or, even worse in my opinion, it would come back too low to be viable.  It was a long day waiting for those results.   The doctor's office called Drew that afternoon with the results.  He came home to tell me the good news.  When I heard him pull up, I opened the door and he was holding a piece of paper with our beta reading on it...58.7.  I was thrilled.  A good, strong number for only being about 3 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  While it was a good number, it was by no means high enough to indicate multiples.  In fact when we went in a week later for our first ultrasound, there was clearly one sack and one baby.  All evidence pointed to us having a singleton.  Three long weeks later, we were back at the doctor's office to get the heartbeat ultrasound.  I was so nervous that I couldn't look at the screen.  The doctor began the scan and very calmly asked Drew "how many babies did I say last time?"  Drew said "ONE."  The doctor quickly replied with "well, there are two heartbeats."  I guess Drew was in shock because his response was "are you telling me that my baby has two hearts!?!"  It was a very funny moment that I will never forget!  We are blessed!

Good, strong beta number!

Ultrasound #1

Ultrasound #2

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.