Friday, November 16, 2012

Slowing Down

One of my girlfriends recently had her first baby and this really got me thinking about how much I enjoyed the twins being little babies.  At least I enjoy the memory of them being little babies.  I'm not sure that I actually slowed down enough to truly enjoy it.  Life with infant twins is REALLY difficult.  There was/is never a dull moment.  When you finally get one calmed down, the other one needs you.  Not to mention, Elson cried for pretty much the entire first four months of his of life (thank you acid reflux and colic).  Those first few months were about pure survival, and to some extent it is still like that.  Still to this day, they are both incredibly clingy and needy.  It can be difficult to go anywhere because it's usually two-on-one and someone will undoubtedly have a breakdown of some sort.  I try not to think about anything before doing it.  If I think too much about it, I will get nervous and decide it is easier to just stay home, and that's not fair to anyone.  All that being said, I LOVE being Emily and Elson's Momma.  When I married Drew, I felt like I found my purpose in being his partner, but now I feel fulfilled in a whole new way.  Everyday I get to spend time with my sweet family and I couldn't be any luckier.  From this day forward, I vow to SLOW DOWN and enjoy every minute of each stage of our life.  I mean it...every temper tantrum, every clingy cry, every blow out diaper, everything!  Because one day sooner than I would like, they aren't going to want to have anything to do with me, and I will long for the days when all they wanted was their Momma!


"Oh no, you laid us down!"
 
This picture says it all...screaming babies and an unshaven husband!

Check out how exhausted I look!


Still clinging to Momma (Elson was obviously still trying to process our loss to Bama from the previous week)

My little man being independent.

My sweet Emily being independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.