Monday, September 3, 2012

Hurricane Party

Hurricane Isaac rolled into our neck of the woods last Thursday.  We thought it was going to be more of an event.  It rained, but for the most part, the storm stayed to the east of us.  I had planned for a day with torrential rain and possible power outages.  Neither happened, but the twins and I still enjoyed our little hurricane party.  We started the day with coloring.  I was glad that I bought the non-toxic crayons because all the twins wanted to do was eat them.  After that we moved on to a pipe cleaner and colander game that I found online.  It was fun, but didn't hold their attention very long.  After lunch and afternoon naps I brought out the main event....painting.  Once again, I was glad that I made my own non-toxic, edible paint because they both ate a lot of it.  We ended the day with a much needed bath then milk and graham crackers before bedtime.  All in all, it was a fun day for the twins' first (and surely not last) hurricane party!

Checking out the wind before the rain started

Coloring aka eating crayons

Emily likes to include Sammy

Elson got really excited about his pipe cleaners





Time to get clean

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.