Monday, May 7, 2012

Welcome to Blogger...An Introduction

I have finally decided to start blogging.  These twins are growing up too fast and I would like a way to look back and remember these crazy, fun days!  As I'm sure everyone knows Emily and Elson were born July 13, 2011 at 12:43 and 12:44am, respectively.  At 33 weeks and 5 days pregnant my water broke at around 10pm.  Drew and I were in bed asleep when I awoke to what i thought was me peeing on myself.  I quickly realized that it was in fact not urine, but rather my water!!!!  I stayed realatively calm....Drew freaked out.  He ran to the car three times with nothing in hand.  When we arrived at the hospital we had no idea where to go (we had only been told where to go for a scheduled delivery).  Funny story...As I waited in the car, Drew went into the hospital and asked the night receptionist "where do we go when the water breaks?"  To which she replied "What water?"  haha!!  We were then  directed to the emergency room where the best OB that money can buy (Greg Phillips if anyone is looking for a good OB) meet us and delivered the twins via c-section.  Emily was 4lbs 1oz and Elson was 3lbs 7oz.  They were wisked to NICU where they stayed for 21 days.  Life hasn't been the same since they arrived....it's been better!!  We love them like crazy and feel so blessed that God answered our prayers!

They are now 9 1/2 months old and sooooo much fun.  Emily used to be the quiet one but has recently come out of her shell.  She crawls and pulls up, has 6 teeth (4 on top and 2 on bottom), hoards toys, isn't a great eater but loves her sippy cup, and loves to sing at a very high pitch.  Elson has always been the loud one and hasn't changed one bit.  He also crawls and pulls up and can even free stand for a few seconds, he has 2 teeth, a short attention span, loves to eat, and screams bloody murder when he gets his feelings hurt (which seems to happen often as he is a sensitive soul).

About a week before the twins came...this picture does not do my giant belly justice.
Greg, Leah, Drew right before twins came!!

1 day old

4 days old


5 weeks old

Twins first time to meet Santa

Elson and Emily 7 months

Bath Time

First Easter
Thanks for joining us on this crazy ride!  Check back for updates...hopefully I can keep this thing going :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.